The benefits of this amazing tropical fruit are numerous. Paw paw, as it is commonly known in Jamaica, is rich in minerals for the body and skin. It contains powerful enzymes for digestion and is a great source of beta carotene and Vitamin A, C, and E. The nutrients in this fruit are also great for cleansing and nourishing the skin. The enzyme, papain, found in papaya is known to help clear spots and other common skin irritations. Papaya is used as an ingredient in many cosmetic products to aid in the treatment of blemishes and wrinkles and to restore the skins natural radiance and elasticity. This fruit can be used as a natural alternative for exfoliating, cleansing and moisturizing the skin, particularly the facial area.
Make your papaya facial
- Cut a small papaya in half and remove the seeds.
- Remove the inside of the fruit and crush into paste.
- Do a light facial steam by placing head over a bowl of boiling water for about 1 minute to open the pores.
- Gently apply the fruit mixture to face and neck area.
- Once a thin layer has formed on the skin, steam the face for another minute.
- Leave the mask on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Then using a warm rag gently wipe of the mask.
- Rinse face with cold water to seal pores then dry skin.
For added benefit try adding these great ingredients to your papaya facial:
- Oatmeal (1/4 cup Colloidal Oatmeal blended into a powder)
- Honey ( 1 Tsp)