Looking for the perfect scent to keep your home smelling like the spa you visited recently? Our olfactory senses are influenced by the fragrances we encounter every day, keep it simple and natural. The scents around us influence us in many ways: calming or invigorating. Learn to make simple essential oil diffusers from items you can find around your home. Here is an easy alternative to spending thousands of dollars on pre-packaged diffusers. It is easy to make and won’t break the bank. TOOLS NEEDED:
- Pour ¼ cup of the chosen carrier oil in a bottle
- Add 12 drops of your favourite essential oil or make a combo for a scented bouquet
- Add a splash of vodka
- Be sure to rotate the reeds often, about once a week, to help keep the aroma mingling.
- The smaller the neck of the bottle the better. This prevents the scent from evaporating.
- Experiment with different combinations – until you have found your signature scent.
- To add a little pizzazz use dried plants around the house ex. Dried Hydrangea stalks or any porous wood will do the trick
- CARRIER OIL:
- Water can be used as an alternative, however, the solution will evaporate faster.
- Dipropylene Glycol (cosmetic grade)
- Baby oil
Ahh! Smell the sweet aroma of success. Make as many diffusers as you like. Your special mixtures and blends will definitely keep you delighted and enjoying the scents you have created. Tell us your thoughts on how your diffuser turned out.