1. Recycling saves energy
Recycling saves energy because manufacturers don't have to produce products from newly acquired raw natural resources. By using recycled used and damaged products, we save on energy consumption, which keeps production costs down.
2. Recycling reduces the need for more landfills
Recycling reduces the need for more landfills. Recycling reducing the amount of waste produced and sent to our landfills daily.
3. Recycling preserves our resources and protects wildlife.
By recycling, we reduce the need to destroy habitats for wildlife. We also preserve nature's natural beauty for other generations.
Recycling and purchasing recycled products creates a greater demand for more recycled goods. Goods made from recycled materials use less water, create less pollution, and uses less energy.
5. Recycling helps our climate problems.
Recycling produces considerably less carbon, which reduces the amount of unhealthy greenhouse gas emissions.
Add some more reasons why you do or do not recycle in the comments!
DID YOU KNOW:
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your television for three hours.
- Every Jamaican produces approximately 2 pounds of waste per day.
- Paper recycling alone saves millions of trees.