Want to live an eco-friendly lifestyle but not sure what to do? Here are a few tips to help you be the eco-giant you are meant to be.
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: sounds simple enough but whenever possible recycle plastic water bottles, newspapers, printing paper, glass, aluminum cans.
2. Go Local: support your local farmers and manufacturers. Support brand Jamaica!
3. Compost: Taking your food scraps, yard waste, used paper, dried leaves and more can make a beautiful compost pile. Helping your garden grow organically and, of course, its nature's way of recycling
5. Save Energy: Go ahead and turn off the lights when you leave a room (chances are the walls won't mind the darkness). Unplug appliances not in use, this will help save energy consumption while saving you a few bucks.
6. Green Products: Buying environmentally friendly cleaning products as well as cosmetics we are supporting the local green economy and keeping our homes and bodies free from harmful toxins.
7. Water: With a limited supply, water can be considered one of the planet's most precious resources. Conserving water helps reduce the strain on our local municipal water treatment plants and ensures there is enough for everyone.
8. Plant a Tree: Planting trees will help replace the millions we lose each year that are used to make paper products. Recycling as well as proper use of paper products will help preserve our forests and help us continue to breath clean air.
9. Protect Marine Life: Everyday millions of sea creations die from ingesting plastic bags and other garbage that has made its way into our oceans and waterways. Help clean up a local beach, park or waterway, sign up for September's Annual International Beach Cleanup.
10. Tell a friend: Go green with your friends, family and coworkers. Introduce them to a local environmental agency and educate them on their environmental impact on the Earth.
Help preserve our planet. By following these easy eco-lifestyle tips, you will be on your way to a greener, cleaner lifestyle.